Sunday, November 28, 2010

Regeneration

or, "Yet Another Attempt at a Blog"

Hello again. So I've decided yet again to start up a blog. If I'm not mistaken - and I very rarely am - this marks my fourth attempt at such a thing. Before this blog lasted a glorious 3 posts, I had another blog, now lost to the sands of time, on WordPress. And then I think or Xanga, or some such. There's possibly a LiveJournal in there. But that was more for show or whatever.

But that's all prologue. I hope that this recent spat of motivation to work on this blog lasts longer than previous attempts. I'm excited about talking about my geeky life, my furtive exploration of Popular Culture and some attempts at digital ethnography. Since starting this blog, I've joined a fantastic online community, have become a fairly popular twitter personage and am now employed as a Professor of Anthropology. My perspectives have changed a bit, my drives and motivations as well.

The Regeneration of this blog starts today! I should have a blog post up later today with a late November tradition: The Punk Rock Christmas Playlist. Some be sure to stick around and check it out.

No comments: